Slice of protein
Do you know 1 billion people around the world suffer from inadequate protein intake? An average man requires 56 grams of protein per day while an average woman requires 46 grams of protein. Here is a list of symptoms caused by protein deficiency:
- Swelling in abdomen, feet, hands, and legs.
- Mood swings
- Hair, nail, and skin problems
- Weakness and fatigue
- Slow healing of injuries
- Frequent Illness
Protein plays a quite significant role in building muscles. It also plays a major role in repairing and making new body cells and helps in maintaining a proper PH balance in the blood and other bodily fluids.
Here's a list of few items rich in protein:
- Veg/Vegan food items rich in Protein
- Mung beans (Mung Dal)
- Green peas
- Chia seeds
- Sweet corn
- Soy milk
- Tofu/Cottage Cheese
- Non-Veg food items rich in Protein
- Egg Whites
- Chicken Breast & Liver
- Fish like Salmon, Sardines, Halibut, etc.