COMFORT ZONEGROWTHLIFEACTION PLAN
Are you comfortable or are you growing?
Your comfort zone is obviously...well, comfortable! It feels safe. However, staying here for too long may lead to missing out on opportunities & growth!
Here are a few tips to help you step out of your comfort zone:
- Recognize your fears: Understand what really makes you uncomfortable/insecure. It is crucial to recognize the problem you're trying to overcome. E.g., talking to new people.
- Put yourself out there: Once you understand the fear, consciously work on putting yourself in those situations. E.g., Introduce yourself to new people. Eventually, the discomfort will reduce.
- Take small steps: You don't have to start by giving a public speech! Begin by talking in small groups. You're less likely to feel overwhelmed this way.
- Be okay with failing: If you tried talking to someone new and couldn't, don't label it as a "failure". Reflect on what you learnt from this experience and what you can do differently next time around.
- Make it fun: Learn to laugh at yourself if (and when) you mess up! Don't take yourself too seriously. Failure teaches us a lot more than success ever will.
- Consider the benefits. Imagine the opportunities you'll have access to once you're no longer limited by this fear. This will give you a compelling reason to keep going.
- Start trying new things. It may be as simple as going to a new café! This slowly makes you comfortable with the idea of change.
Take the first step (even if it's a tiny one) today!