Self Care 101
Self-care is an important practice for your mental and physical well-being. It is a life-long commitment that requires you to be persistent.
Following are some tips to help you maintain a mentally and physically healthy lifestyle:
- Be gentle with yourself: This includes being gentle with yourself in tough times as well. For example, forgiving yourself for mishaps, accepting yourself even when you aren't at your best, loving yourself even when you think you don't deserve it, etc.
- Take time out for yourself: Give yourself time every day to do what makes you happy. This will help you recharge and be more productive.
- Set healthy boundaries: Boundaries are a great way of protecting yourself and ensuring that your time is valued.
- Eat healthy: Having a balanced diet will help you remain physically healthy and also take care of your mental health. For example, B12 deficiency is scientifically proven to be a cause of depressive moods.
- Value your time and energy: Understand that your time and energy are precious. This will help you make wiser decisions in terms of who and what you allow in your life.
- Cut out negativity: This includes activities or people that do not add positively to your life.
As Mandy Hale once said "It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary." With these steps, make yourself a priority and lead a healthy and happy life.